Automatic Search of Web APIs exposed in the open source context
Keywords:Web API, k Nearest Neighbor, open source, automatic search, SOA, grid cell feature space
AbstractThe Service Oriented Architecture is presented in the context of organizations today. The Web APIs are being defined. Architecture for Web APIs aggregation is proposed. The components of the architecture are detailed. A method for automatic feature extraction from Web APIs is proposed in order to generate the input data for k Nearest Neighbor search algorithm. The main directions of kNN algorithm are highlighted along with the advantages and disadvantages appeared. A structure for Web APIs is formed out of the features extracted for a homogeneity approach and the output data is used in a hierarchical searching result. An optimization method is proposed for lowering the time consumption given by the high complexity level, using a grid formed out of cell searching algorithm.
X. WANG, T. N. WONG, G. WANG - Service-oriented architecture for ontologies supporting multi-agent system negotiations in virtual enterprise, Journal Of Intelligent Manufacturing, Vol. 23 No. 4, 2012, pp. 1331-1349
K. WAGH, R. THOOL - A Comparative Study of SOAP Vs REST Web Services Provisioning Techniques for Mobile Host, Journal of Information Engineering and Applications, Vol. 2, No. 5, 2012, pp. 12-16
A. Thomasian, Y. Li, L. Zhang – Exact k-NN queries on clustered SVD datasets, Information Processing Letters, 2005, pp. 247-252
D. Kolbe, Q. Zhu, S. Pramanik – Reducing non-determinism of k-NN searching in non-ordered discrete data space, Information Processing Letters, 2010, pp. 420-423
Y.S. Chen, Y.P. Hung, T.F. Yen, C.S. Fuh – Fast and versatile algorithm for nearest neighbor search based on a lower bound tree, Pattern Recognition, 2007, pp. 360-375
M. Crasso, A. Zunino, M. Campo – Easy web service discovery: A query-by-example approach, Science of Computer Programming, Vol. 7, No. 1, 2008, pp. 144-164
E. Plaku, L.E. Kavraki – Distributed computation of the knn graph for large high-dimensional point sets, Journal of Parallel Distributed Computation, 2007, pp. 346-359
V.F. Lopez, F. Prieta, M. Ogihara, D.D. Wong – A model for multi-label classification and ranking of learning objects, Expert Systems with Applications, 2012, pp. 8878-8884
How to Cite
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- The author(s) is responsible for the correctness and legality of the paper content.
- Papers that are copyrighted or published will not be taken into consideration for publication in JMEDS It is the author(s) responsibility to ensure that the paper does not cause any copyright infringements and other problems.
- It is the responsibility of the author(s) to obtain all necessary copyright release permissions for the use of any copyrighted materials in the paper prior to the submission.
- The Author(s) retains the right to reuse any portion of the paper, in future works, including books, lectures and presentations in all media, with the condition that the publication by JMEDS is properly credited and referenced.
JMEDS articles by Journal of Mobile, Embedded and Distributed Systems (JMEDS) is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Based on a work at http://jmeds.eu.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at http://jmeds.eu/index.php/jmeds/about/submissions#copyrightNotice.