IoT – Internet of Things Architecture for Context Aware Sensors Data Processing in Waste Management Solution
Keywords:IoT – Internet of Things, IoT Communications protocol
AbstractInternet of Things (IoT) refers interconnectivity of different devices and its increasing reasons aim Cloud Computing Services development, interconnectivity among personal smart devices and other devices, and significant development of the applications operate with this kind of connections and data provided by such connections. The biggest role is played by the devices with measuring capabilities helping the understanding of the world around by humans analyzing data generated in new points by these instruments. Data are securely stored and processes to be a viable source for real-time decisions. The paper provides an overview of this new data acquisitions paradigm together with short presentations of the communication protocols can be implemented in IoT infrastructure. Also, a possible solution architecture is provided for waste management.
Top 50 IoT – Internet of Things Sensor Applications:
Ian G Smith (Editor), "The Internet of Things 2012 New Horizons", ISBN hard cover: 978-0-9553707-9-3, published in Halifax, UK, www.internet-of-things-research.eu | IERC – European Research Cluster on the Internet of Things - report on 2012:
US Boston implementation of solar powered waste compacting and recycling bins:
David Boswarthick (Editor), Omar Elloumi (Editor), Olivier Hersent (Editor): M2M Communications: A Systems Approach, WILEY, Publication Date: April 30, 2012 | ISBN-10: 1119994756 | ISBN-13: 978-1119994756 | Edition: 1
Olivier Hersent: The Internet of Things: Key Applications and Protocols, WILEY, Publication Date: February 6, 2012 | ISBN-10: 1119994357 | ISBN-13: 978-1119994350 | Edition: 2
Dieter Uckelmann (Editor), Mark Harrison (Editor), Florian Michahelles (Editor): Architecting the Internet of Things, Springer, Publishing Date: April 3, 2011 | ISBN-10: 3642191568 | ISBN-13: 978-3642191565 | Edition: 2011
Hakima Chaouchi (Editor): The Internet of Things: Connecting Objects (ISTE), WILEY, Publication Date: June 14, 2010 | ISBN-10: 1848211406 | ISBN-13: 978-1848211407 | Edition: 1
Honbo Zhou (Author): The Internet of Things in the Cloud: A Middleware Perspective, CRC Press, Publication Date: October 29, 2012 | ISBN-10: 1439892997 | ISBN-13: 978-1439892992 0
*. jQuery (old school):
*. Angular JS (MVC + Data-binding) / Knockout JS (Data-binding + UI auto-refresh):
*. Yahoo YUI:
*. extJS - Sencha:
*. NODE-Red (Node.js) (IoT Graph engine) - www.nodered.org
*. Parse.com (Backbone.js) (REST Services) - www.parse.com
IoT Smart Cities Technologies:
Waspmote board: http://www.libelium.com/products/waspmote
Arduino board: http://www.arduino.cc/
Raspberry Pi board: http://www.raspberrypi.org/
BeagleBone Board: http://beagleboard.org/bone
Ninja Blocks: www.ninjablocks.com
BigBellySolar Smart Trash Bin/Can:http://bigbellysolar.com/solutions/stations/smartbelly/
Cristian TOMA, Cristian CIUREA, Ion IVAN – Authentication Issues for Sensors in IoT Solutions, Proceedings of the 6th International Conference on Security for Information Technology and Communications (SECITC'13), June 25-26, 2013, Bucharest, Romania, ASE Printing House, ISSN 2285-1798, ISSN-L 2285-1798.
Internet of Things and M2M application platform: http://www.thingworks.com
Public Cloud for Internet of Things: https://xively.com/whats_xively/
Open Source Cloud for Internet of Things: https://sites.google.com/site/opensourceiotcloud/
MQ Telemetry Transport Protocol: http://mqtt.org/
MQTT Protocol Specifications v 3.1: http://public.dhe.ibm.com/software/dw/webservices/ws-mqtt/MQTT_V3.1_Protocol_Specific.pdf
MQTT-SN (Sensor Networks) Protocol Specifications v 1.2: http://mqtt.org/new/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/MQTT-SN_spec_v1.2.pdf
CoAP (Constraint Application Protocol) specifications:
Messaging Technologies: http://www.prismtech.com/sites/default/files/documents/MessagingComparsion_190913.pdf
REST Protocol Intro: http://rest.elkstein.org/
REST versus WS comparison from developers perspective: http://vs.inf.ethz.ch/publ/papers/dguinard-rest-vs-ws.pdf
How to Cite
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- The author(s) is responsible for the correctness and legality of the paper content.
- Papers that are copyrighted or published will not be taken into consideration for publication in JMEDS It is the author(s) responsibility to ensure that the paper does not cause any copyright infringements and other problems.
- It is the responsibility of the author(s) to obtain all necessary copyright release permissions for the use of any copyrighted materials in the paper prior to the submission.
- The Author(s) retains the right to reuse any portion of the paper, in future works, including books, lectures and presentations in all media, with the condition that the publication by JMEDS is properly credited and referenced.
JMEDS articles by Journal of Mobile, Embedded and Distributed Systems (JMEDS) is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Based on a work at http://jmeds.eu.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at http://jmeds.eu/index.php/jmeds/about/submissions#copyrightNotice.