Biometric Security - Fingerprint Recognition System
Keywords:Fingerprint, Authentication, Password, User, Administrator, Mail, Social, Media
AbstractThe paper presents an application, FingerTouch that provides a secure method of storing usernames and passwords for different types of accounts by using biometric fingerprint authentication. Recent developments in the smartphone area regarding fingerprint authentication on mobile devices is discussed. The purpose of the application and the technologies that were used in the development are described. The features, architecture and implementation of the application are analyzed.
A.H. Aboalsamh, „Vein and fingerprint biometric authentication: future trends”, in International journal of computers and communication, issue 4, vol. 3, 2009.
J. Ashbourn, „Practical Biometrics – From aspiration to Implementation”, Springer Velag, 2004.
R. Aufreiter, „Der Finger als Schlussel – Aktuelle Biometrieverfahren im praktischen Einsatz”, Utimaco Safeware AG, 2003.
R. Bansal, P. Sehgal, P. Bedi, „Minutiae Extraction from fingerprint images – a review”, in IJCSI International Journal of Computer Science Issues, 2011.
B. Bhanu, X. Tan, „Computational Algorithms for Fingerprint Recognition”, Kluwer Academic Publishers, USA, 2004.
R. M. Bolle, J. H. Connell, S. Pankati, N. K. Ratha, A.W. Senior, „Guide to Biometrics”, Springer Verlag, 2004.
J. Chirillo, S. Blaul, „Implementing Biometric Security”, Wiley Publishing, 2003.
Digital Persona – DigitalPersona White Paper, Guide to fingerprint recognition”, Available: http://www.itworksolutions.com/brochure/catalogue/digitalpersona/Fingerprint%20Guide.pdf
J. Feng, A. K. Jain, K. Nandakumar, „Biometrics: Fingerprint Matching”, IEEE Computer Society, 2010.
„Fingerprint Verification Competition 2006”, Available: http://bias.csr.unibo.it/fvc2006.
P. Gregory, M. A. Simon, „Biometrics for dummies”, Wiley Publishing Inc, 2008.
Griaule Biometrics, Available: http://www.griaulebiometrics.com/page/en-us/fingerprint_sdk.
A. K. Jain, A. Ross, S. Prabhakar, „Fingerprint matching using minutiae and texture features”, in ICIP, 2001.
A. K. Jain, Z. Li, „Encyclopedia of Biometrics”, Springer 2009.
K. Karu, A. K. Jain, „Fingerprint classification”, in Pattern Recognition, vol. 29, no. 3, pp. 389-404, 1996.
D. A. Katz, „Fingerprinting”, 2005.
D. Maltoni, D. Maio, A. K. Jain, S. Prabhakar, „Handbook of Fingerprint Recognition”, Springer, 2003.
D. Maltoni, „A Tutorial on Fingerprint Recognition”, Biometric Systems Laboratory - DEIS - University of Bologna, 2005.
Neurotechnology, „VeriFinger SDK”, Available: http://www.neurotechnology.com/verifinger.html.
C. Roberts, „Biometric Technologies, Fingerprints”, 2006.
A. Ross, A. K. Jain, J. Reisman, „A hybrid fingerprint matcher” in Pattern Recognition, vol. 36, 2003.
A. Ross, J. Reisman, A. K. Jain, „Fingerprint matching using feature space correlation” in Proc. of Post-ECCV Workshop on Biometric Authentication, LNCS 2359, pp.48-57, Denmark, June 1, 2002.
A. Moallem, “Did you forget your password?”, Available: http://www.engr.sjsu.edu/amoallem/publications/HCII2011_didYou_67700029.pdf
How to Cite
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- The author(s) is responsible for the correctness and legality of the paper content.
- Papers that are copyrighted or published will not be taken into consideration for publication in JMEDS It is the author(s) responsibility to ensure that the paper does not cause any copyright infringements and other problems.
- It is the responsibility of the author(s) to obtain all necessary copyright release permissions for the use of any copyrighted materials in the paper prior to the submission.
- The Author(s) retains the right to reuse any portion of the paper, in future works, including books, lectures and presentations in all media, with the condition that the publication by JMEDS is properly credited and referenced.
JMEDS articles by Journal of Mobile, Embedded and Distributed Systems (JMEDS) is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Based on a work at http://jmeds.eu.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at http://jmeds.eu/index.php/jmeds/about/submissions#copyrightNotice.