Cardless Withdrawal System for Mobile Banking Applications
Keywords:Mobile banking, Mobile payments, Cardless withdrawal
With the whole world going mobile and with the threats represented by third party mobile payments, the banks need to react and offer their clients innovative integrated solutions for payments and money transfer. Mobile banking applications are more and more used, and the possibilities to expand are still open.A cardless withdrawal solution integrated in an already developed smartphone mobile banking application might just give an edge in the fight with other competitors. By using SMS technologies for sending money to other people the appeal of such an application will rise considerably and will attract more and more clients. It is very important to keep the mobile payment endorsers as clients of the bank and not some other provider.
Bankable Frontier Associates. Managing the Risk of Mobile Banking Technologies. 2008. www.oecd.org
Gavin Troy Krugel. Mobile Banking Technology Options. 2007, [online] www.gsma.com
David Bannister, Wincor Nixdorf predicts mobile cash withdrawal explosion, [online] http://www.telecoms.com/
William Jack, Tavneet Suri. The economics of M-PESA, 2010, [online] www.mit.edu
Bob Howard, How secure are cardless cash machine withdrawals?, 2012, [online] http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-19845083
Vanessa Pegueros. Security of Mobile Banking and Payments. 2012, www.sans.org
Future Foundation. Money on the Move, Emerging Trends in Mobile Banking. 2010
Alex Spencer, RBS and NatWest App Lets You Get Cash Without a Card, Mobile Marketing, 2012, [online] http://mobilemarketingmagazine.com
Candice Jones, Absa debuts cardless ATM, 2012, IT Web Financial, [online] http://www.itweb.co.za/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=10286
Ion Ivan, Cristian Ciurea, Mihai Doinea, Arthur Avramia, Risk’s Collaborative Management in Banking Systems, International Conference on Informatics in Economy, Proceedings of the 11th International Conference on INFORMATICS in ECONOMY (IE 2012), Education, Research & Business Technologies, Bucharest, Romania, 2012, pp. 226-231
How to Cite
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- The author(s) is responsible for the correctness and legality of the paper content.
- Papers that are copyrighted or published will not be taken into consideration for publication in JMEDS It is the author(s) responsibility to ensure that the paper does not cause any copyright infringements and other problems.
- It is the responsibility of the author(s) to obtain all necessary copyright release permissions for the use of any copyrighted materials in the paper prior to the submission.
- The Author(s) retains the right to reuse any portion of the paper, in future works, including books, lectures and presentations in all media, with the condition that the publication by JMEDS is properly credited and referenced.
JMEDS articles by Journal of Mobile, Embedded and Distributed Systems (JMEDS) is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Based on a work at http://jmeds.eu.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at http://jmeds.eu/index.php/jmeds/about/submissions#copyrightNotice.