Sample Development on Java Smart-Card Electronic Wallet Application
Keywords:smart card, Java Card application, ISO 7816, JCRMI
AbstractIn this paper, are highlighted concepts as: complete Java card application, life cycle of an applet, and a practical electronic wallet sample implemented in Java card technology. As a practical approach it would be interesting building applets for ID, Driving License, Health-Insurance smart cards, for encrypt and digitally sign documents, for E-Commerce and for accessing critical resources in government and military field. The end of this article it is presented a java card electronic wallet application.
Zhiqun Chen, „Java Card Technology for Smart Cards: Architecture and Programmer's Guid”, Addison Wesley Publishing House, USA, June 2000.
C. Enrique Ortiz, May 2003, on-line article: http://developers.sun.com/techtopics/mobility/javacard/articles/javacard1/
C. Enrique Ortiz, September 2003, on-line article: http://developers.sun.com/techtopics/mobility/javacard/articles/javacard2/
Ion Ivan, Paul Pocatilu, Marius Popa, Cristian Toma, “The Digital Signature and Data Security in e-commerce”, The Economic Informatics Review Nr. 3/2002, Bucharest 2002.
Tools Sun Java Card Development Toolkit 2.2.1:
Sun Java Card Development Toolkit 2.2.1: http://java.sun.com/products/javacard/dev_kit.html
ISO/IEC 7816 Part 4: Interindustry command for interchange,
Java 2 Standard Edition Software Development Kit: http://java.sun.com/products/archive/j2se/1.4.1_07/
Virtual Machine Speification 2.2.1, Octomber 2003:
Runtime Environment Specification 2.2.1, Octomber 2003 http://java.sun.com/products/javacard/specs.html
Application Programming Specification 2.2.1, Octomber 2003: http://java.sun.com/products/javacard/specs.html
Programming Manual, Octomber 2003, Application Progaming Notes 2.2.1 included in Sun Java Card Development Toolkit 2.2.1
User Manual, Octomber 2003, Development Kit User Guide 2.2.1 included in 
Paul Pocatilu, Cristian Toma, Mobile Applications Quality, International Conference “Science and economic education system role in development from Republic of Moldavia”, Chişinău, September 2003, pg. 474-478
Scott Guthery, Tim Jurgensen, „Smart Card Developer’s Kit”, Macmillan Computer Publishing House, ISBN: 1578700272, USA 1998:
Cristian TOMA, Secure Protocol in Identity Management using Smart Cards, Revista “Informatica Economica”, vol. 9, Nr. 2, Bucuresti, 2005, p. 135 – 140
Cristian TOMA - Security in Software Distributed Platforms, AES Publishing House, Bucharest, 2008, ISBN 978-606-505-125-6.
How to Cite
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- The author(s) is responsible for the correctness and legality of the paper content.
- Papers that are copyrighted or published will not be taken into consideration for publication in JMEDS It is the author(s) responsibility to ensure that the paper does not cause any copyright infringements and other problems.
- It is the responsibility of the author(s) to obtain all necessary copyright release permissions for the use of any copyrighted materials in the paper prior to the submission.
- The Author(s) retains the right to reuse any portion of the paper, in future works, including books, lectures and presentations in all media, with the condition that the publication by JMEDS is properly credited and referenced.
JMEDS articles by Journal of Mobile, Embedded and Distributed Systems (JMEDS) is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Based on a work at http://jmeds.eu.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at http://jmeds.eu/index.php/jmeds/about/submissions#copyrightNotice.